Verso de Hoy

Benjamin Murray (Ben-Murr), a Star is Born



value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNuj_jCPMvI&hl=en_US&fs=1&">










By: Anthony Mooris (USA)

I am passionate about the work that do, I like it and I ask God to give me a long life to continue doing it. I am baseball trainer, but I was also a player in my young years, and now I look for and I discover talent for high schools by visiting little league parks in the Miami area. One day I went to Hammocks Park and sat in the seats of one of the games that were simultaneously being played in the different baseball fields. As I watched, a player with number 10 in its back and of last name Murray caught my attention. I saw him play at shortstop, second base, and third base like a magician with the glove, with range to both sides and a canon like arm...:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was left perplexed when I saw him get a hit to the outfield and, running as deer, was standing up at third base a fraction of a second later. A couple of innings later I saw him play in the three outfield positions and I could see his elegant form when fielding and more importantly the precision and strength of its arm when throwing to the bases. I could no longer contain myself and I approached his coach, and asked him, "What is the name of the player who plays in all the positions?" "Benjamin Murray," was his the answer.

I then went to look for the statistics of this impressive baseball player at the league offices. He began in the Hammocks recreational league of age nine and under. His first year was for the recreational league Texas Rangers, in his second year, he played for the Marlins and continued there for three seasons and in his third year, he played for the major league of age 12 and under Metropolitans. In the three years that Benjamin has been at the Hammocks league, he has an impressive record, as well as an impressive behavior with his coach, referring to him as an innate leader who gets along well with everyone in the dugout.

In three years, Benjamin Murray it has played six seasons with a career 140 games, 280 at bats, 125 hits for a batting average of .446. Among them, he has doubles, triples, and even inside-the-park home runs because of his great speed. Although he is a line drive hitter, he has occasional power, and is difficult to put out on grounders. In his six seasons, he has been the leader in stolen bases for his team and in his first two seasons, he was the leader in outfield assists. Although Benjamin Murray can play at any position, including pitcher (with a strong fastball, a curve, and a changeup), his favorite position is shortstop, where he moves with almost feline agility towards any direction and even gets runners out from behind third base.

In an interview he gave us at his parents' home in Miami, he showed me the great amount of game balls he has earned as well as numerous trophies. He said that the baseball tradition that he has in his blood is from his ancestry, since his father, grandfather, and uncles were great baseball players in their native Dominican Republic. His grandfather and one of his uncles were tremendous pitchers, while his father was also a great pitcher and a second basemen in the Dominican Republic. Benjamin says he owes everything he has achieved to God and his trainer, his father, who has had him playing since the age of five with his two older brothers. He also recognized the work that his coaches have done and is gracious for the support they have always shown him. Benjamin recently had two of his cousins in the Dominican Republic signed to professional contracts by the Chicago White Sox and New York Yankees respectively. Benjamin says he hopes to play for a Major League club one day, no matter which one, if God desires it in about 8 to 10 years.

I am sure that with the talent that he has, he will make it very far in baseball if he stays healthy. In about six years, we should see scouts fighting over this talented player, who promises to shine in the big show. Of that, I am sure, pay attention to him, to this name Benjamin Murray, a great athlete and a noble boy.


www.facebook.com/benjaminmurray10
www.myspace.com/benjaminmurray10

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Populares

Tema: Los 7 desiertos por los que el pueblo de Israel pasó

Por qué Dios convirtió a la mujer de Lot en estatua de sal y no de piedra, barro o madera?

HISTORIA DE LA TEOLOGIA DE LOS GRANDES AVIVAMIENTOS